Grants from the Pels Fund may be used to make emergency payments of up to $500 on behalf of low income tenant applicants who are represented by a legal aid attorney in Connecticut and are facing the threat of homelessness due to an eviction proceeding or subsidy termination.
- This Grant Application must be submitted by a legal aid attorney employed at one of the legal aid employers listed in the employer field below, on behalf of their client tenant applicant.
- Each application must include one of the following supporting documentation:
- Eviction Proceeding Docket Number
- Notice to Quit
- Notice of Subsidy Termination
- If approved, funds will only be provided upon receipt of a signed agreement indicating the eviction proceedings will be suspended or a subsidy will be reinstated.
- Tenants are only eligible for a one-time grant.
- Funds will be provided to the attorney's employer for distribution to the landlord or subsidy provider by the attorney.